I’ve signed on for a creative writing course at Kwantlen Polytechnic University on “Writing Funny!” that starts in January 2019, and I’m at best, both excited and terrified about it. I’ve always loved to laugh, joke around and overall in life, I generally try not to take things too seriously. As such, over the next few months, I hope to post a number of journal entries about my exploration of trying to write funny. With this first post, I want to briefly define the term “humour” and explore what humour from different forms of media have influenced myself over the years.Read More
On July 11, 2018, I took part in a presentation on comedy and we started our presentation with a two-minute silence, which created an awkwardness to everything and a lot of nervous laughter. Following the presentation, I decided to craft this journal post as a brief overview of some of the best examples of how silence has been used in comedy and comedic performances.Read More
From the Home Office in Wahoo, Nebraska, it's the Top Ten List from July 21, 1998...
- 10. War and Peace and Steve
- 9. The Seven Habits of Highly Successful Steves
- 8. The Grapes of Steve
- 7. The Steves of Wrath
- 6. Steve, Grapes, Steve, Wrath, Steve, Steve
- 5. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, Steve is from Cleveland
- 4. Where's Waldo? Is he With Steve?
- 3. Time Life Mysteries of the Unknown, Volume VIII: Mysterious Guys Named Steve
- 2. The Joy of Sex with Steve
- 1. The Bible (King Steve Edition)